At Melville Church in Kincardine, a new tree to commemorate Scotch Fest140 was planted this past week. The cemetery caretakers will be finishing up mowing, including on the big hill. Ushers will be ready to pass out bulletins at the church service on Sunday. Continue reading
Busy week behind the scenes here at the Scotch Colony! Folks have been checking off items on the “to do list” at a furious pace in anticipation of Fest140 next weekend Aug. 23-25. Posters have been printed and are on display at many of our local friendly businesses (thank you to them!) Our Scotch Colony jewelry stock has been replenished and now includes a Continue reading
Friday, August 23, 2013
- 6 – 9 PM – Registration, Welcome, and Musical Jam Session, Burns Hall, Kincardine
Saturday, August 24, 2013
- 9:30 AM – Registration, Burns Hall
- 10 AM – 5 PM Vendors, demonstrations and displays, Burns Hall
- 10 AM – 3:30 PM – Kincardine Melville Church & School open
- 10 AM – 3:30 PM – Quilt Show at Cari Grierson’s
- 10 AM – 3:30 PM – Tartan (& Vintage Clothing) Show at Darlene Morton’s
- 10AM – 11:30 AM – Bus Tour, departs from Burns Hall
- 10:30AM – 11:30 AM – Beginners Highland Dance Workshop, Burns Hall
- 10:30 AM – 2 PM – Upper Kintore Church & School open
- 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM – Lunch, Myrtle Matheson’s field, up the road from Burns Hall
- 1 – 2:30 PM – Bus Tour, departs from Burns Hall
- 1 – 2:30 PM – Highland games/heavy events (may go longer if needed), Myrtle Matheson’s field
- 1:30 – 2 PM – Axemanship and crosscut saw demonstration, Myrtle Matheson’s field
- 2 – 2:30 PM – Scything Demonstration, Myrtle Matheson’s field
- 3 – 6 PM – Barbecue, Myrtle Matheson’s field
- 7 PM – Concert & Dance, featuring Wednesday Evening Fiddlers, to follow, Burns Hall
Sunday, August 25, 2013
- 11 AM – Church Service (Melville United Church, Kincardine), followed by a group picture at the church and tea at the Burns Hall
All times are Atlantic Time Zone (one hour earlier than Eastern Time)
See our Google Map for locations. Don’t forget sunglasses, sunscreen,
folding chair, hat, fly dope, musical instrument, rain gear in case!.
DunRoamin’ Stray & Rescue will be selling snacks/drinks at the Fest140 concert/dance on Saturday, 24 August. They recently rescued a dog (within the past week or 2) from the Scotch Colony. They named him Leland, and he had to be sent to Moncton for surgery, which was very expensive. The money they raise selling lunches at our event, will help cover the cost of Leland’s surgery. Leland is back in Florenceville now, and they are looking for a “foster family” for him. His owner (if he had one) has not been found. Their website is www.dunroaminstrayandrescue.com.
If you’d like to foster or adopt Leland, or contribute to DunRoamin, contact:
DunRoamin’ Stray And Rescue
P.O. Box 574
July 16, 8pm. Burns Hall, Kincardine (click to see map)
We’re having our second and final “Bake Sale Fundraiser” at the Perth-Andover Farmer’s Market at the Legion Hall on Saturday July 13, from 9am – 1pm. We’d love to see you there! It’s a great way to spend a weekend morning and support the local farmers, crafters, and creative vendors who work hard to bring their best to market. Live music and a twirl around the dance floor add to the festive atmosphere. There’s lots of good things to eat, including a cooked to order breakfast put on by the Legion volunteers. Be sure to browse the Scotch Colony table for some fresh baked goodies and check out the selection of items offered to help support the Scotch Colony Fest140, August 23-25, 2013!! Times are for the Atlantic Time Zone (one hour earlier than Eastern time). We have a marker on our map for the Legion Hall.
Save the date!
The Fitzgeralds, Ontario Family fiddlers and dancers, will be in concert on Tuesday, July 16, 2013, at 8 PM at Burns Hall, Kincardine Road, Kincardine, New Brunswick, Canada (see our map). Featuring some local talent too: Kassidy Morin and Kimiye Gamblin! Proceeds to benefit Scotch Colony Fest 140, Aug. 23-25, 2013.
Here’s a preview!
This Saturday, 11 May, 2013. 9-3. St. James United Church Hall. Perth-Andover (enter at the back door)
Debut of our cookbook, jewellery, and other souvenirs! First chances on our beautiful raffle items!
- Raffle item: fiddlehead table cloth by Cari Grierson
- Raffle item: handwoven tartan throw by Judy MacIntosh
- Raffle item: handmade bench by Garth Farquhar
- Scotch Colony Hearts and Hearths – History/Cookbook
- The Scotch Colony Jewellery Collection
Scotch Colony Fest140 Quilt Show, Saturday, 24 August, 2013, 10 AM – 3:30 PM
Bring your quilt to the registration table at Burns Hall.
Show will be at Cari Grierson’s
404 Kincardine Road
Kincardine, NB E7H 2K6
Quilt Story Card should be about recipe card size, 3 by 5 inches. It should name the person who made the quilt, the owner, the approximate date and size, the pattern, and any little memorable or special info about the quilt. FMI Contact: info@ScotchColony.ca